Did you know? Four Honda models – Honda Civic, Honda CR-V, Honda Odyssey, Honda Pilot – have been named a “Best Family Car” by Kelly Blue Book’s KBB.com, the most from any single brand.
May is here and before you know it school will be out for summer, which means your family vacation is just around the corner!
As with any trip, it’s always important to have a plan of action – especially for those hitting the road to get to their vacation destination.
Whether or not you will be traveling in one of the four Honda models named as a “Best Family Car” or in another vehicle, be sure to keep the following tips in mind before you hit the road with your family this season.
- Get your car inspected. If your family is planning on a long road trip this season, it’s always a good idea to have your car inspected before you begin the journey. Ensure your tires are properly inflated, and that everything is in proper order and functioning correctly.
- Plan a road trip route. While you may know where you would like to end up on vacation, have you thought about what route you’re going to take to get there? Map out a route that you would like to take your family on, perhaps stopping at tourist attractions along the way. Another tip is to have a backup route planned just in case you run into detours along the way.
- Pack snacks for the entire family. Cut down on time and spending money by packing a variety of snacks for you and your family. Bring along various snacks including fruits and veggies, or make your own trail mix you know the whole family will enjoy. Don’t forget to pack water and other beverages to help quench thirst.
- Bring along games and toys. To help pass time, be sure to bring a few games and toys for the kids. From playing cards, to coloring books, electronic game and favorite toys – all of these items can help keep your vehicle calm, cool and collected.
- Don’t forget a first-aid kit. No matter what type of vehicle you will be taking on your upcoming trip, ensure that a first-aid kit is packed. Many first-aid kits are budget friendly and contain essentials in case of an emergency. A travel first-aid kid is suitable for all travelers and should be kept in a secure location. Remember, safety first!
One last important tip is to have fun and enjoy the journey. Your trip will be full of memories that will last a life time with the ones you love most, so be sure to enjoy!
If you’re in the market for a new car perfect for the entire family, consider one of the four top-rated family vehicles from Honda – the Honda Civic, Honda CR-V, Honda Odyssey and Honda Pilot.
For all of your new Honda and used car needs, including service and repair, visit Rick Case Honda in Davie, FL. – serving Southern Florida residents since 1986. When you think Honda, think Rick Case Honda.